My hubby was in the NYC area over a week ago, and when he came home he promptly started showing symptoms of a virus and it grew, and grew.
We were scheduled to leave to go with him to FL for his next business trip, which would be Tuesday-Friday/Saturday this past week. So he was dragging and I was saying all along, perhaps you should re-think this … but basically was holding out final judgment for right before leaving, in case it was a cold that could be endure to travel with.
Monday though, it was evident to me that he was fading fast and that there was NO WAY we could go. He did persist to get things packed and ready. I puttered around getting things done as well, knowing that IF we went I’d like things in order as much as possible for our return, and also, if we stayed, all that stuff would be done! 😉
It ended up that we went to bed and he still persisted in saying we’d go. He wanted to get up around 5am and put the stuff in the van and get on the road. I awoke after that time, knowing that I didn’t think we should be going and didn’t want to go for many reasons, primarily for HIM, but also thinking of the rest of us being on the road and getting sick … nah.
I realized that it was later than hubby wanted to get up (can’t recall the exact time) but he wasn’t up yet, and so I talked to him and he was going to cancel, and stay in bed a bit more. Good.
So a bit later he awoke and was trying to convice me that he was feeling better and we could still leave. :rolleyes: Didn’t happen. 🙂
All that day he progressed to worse and worse symptoms and I was glad to remind him at this or that point “wouldn’t it be nice to be in the van driving … right now?” :LOL:
So he was down for the count all Tuesday and Wednesday, improving on Thursday, but still bad, only more-so improving on Saturday, but still bad off.
Wednesday showed that R. and V. (the older children) were getting sick. A. wasn’t exibiting anything, neither was I. The baby was warmer than normal though.
Thursday and Friday R. and V. were sleeping mostly, the baby was sleeping more too, at some point in all that “cold” symptoms appeared in all three of them (previously in hubby too, but it’s more like a flu-from what I understand about viruses- in everyone.)
Thursday night both me and A. had a couple of signs of “the” virus overcoming us, since we now had three prime suspects to understand how theirs started … I had felt that I was ‘fighting’ something for a couple of days, maybe, or maybe it was allergies, or both (Spring allergies have started already here in GA.)
It quickly did hit both of us, but it hasn’t gotten any worse since, just some drippy stuff in our heads, and chest congestion, coughing, some achy-ness we’re not overwhelmed with it though, like hubby, R., and V. were/are. The baby is very warm off and on and has some drippy and coughing, but isn’t as tired, he’s improving daily.
Unfortunately for me, on Saturday the virus was an achy enough to be up and around but miserable kind, but I also got a migraine on the left side, which is plaguing me continuously, not the worst sort, but bad enough, and who wants to mix that with a virus of any sort. Overnight it abated partially, but upon waking has switched to the right side, and nothing is touching it, it could get way worse, of course. :rolleyes: So at least it’s holding steady and not increasing.
This is the first illness of 2008 for us as a family, and it was no fun, we had avoided all Winter Viruses until last week. Really bad timing too, we were going to southern Florida, Lakeland area, and were going to check out Tigers, and Yankees (Pitchers and Catchers reported Feb 14th so we were going to just go see what we could see, go swimming [I just got a new swimsuit, my first one in years, and I didn’t get to wear it 🙁 ], and just basically enjoy warmer climes before they get TOO HOT while home climes are still up and down in and out of winter/spring.)
At any rate, Baseball is Beginning, Spring Training is underway, full schedule stuff coming soon. Yay!
[Edit: Tuesday, Feb. 19: Addendum:
The migraine lasted through Sunday, went to sleep with it, then awoke at 11:30pm and didn’t have it anymore, and not since either. 🙂 Now I can “feel” the full effect of the virus on me, and it did worsen a tad, my voice is very rough and the chest condition isn’t any fun, deep and painful to cough, but it’s not worsening. The baby is totally non-feverish now. He’s just got the residual occasional sneeze and nasal discharge and cough. He’s otherwise very “normal” for himself, active, happy, napping and eating correctly, just not sleeping the night through as well as before still (wanting to be held and fed during the night every couple of hours, most of the time, which is a bit draining on a sick mama … FWIW )