Maisy’s Skillet Noodle Casserole
1 large onion, chopped fairly fine
4 or 5 large cloves garlic, finely diced, smashed
1 lb organic beef or bison, ground
2 Tbsp Beef Base (less if desired)
1 can of tomato soup, or tomato paste equivalent, or tomato sauce, or … tomato you-name-it (can use more than 1 can of soup amount if desired as well)
1 Tbsp Deli Mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry basil
1 pkg medium egg noodles
1 cup sour cream (optional) or yogurt, etc.
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional) or any other cheese you prefer
- In large skillet cook onion in olive oil for a few minutes, then add garlic, stir frequently until onions are translucent.
- Add ground meat and brown, stirring frequently to break into small bite size pieces.
- Add Beef Base, Mustard, Worcestershire sauce and basil to the pan.
- Add tomato and stir well.
- Add 1 cup water, and stir in the entire package of dry noodles, combining with the meat & sauce mixture as well as can.
- Slowly add more water to the pan, covering the noodles entirely. Bring to a boil, then bring the temperature down to simmer, and put a lid onto the pan. Cook for about 15 minutes. (add more water if needed)
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream, and allow to heat through.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and cover with lid, keeping heat on low, until cheese melts.
- Serve from the pan, or gently turn into a dish for serving.
- I haven’t done this: but it makes sense that this could also be done on top of stove, then put into the oven with the dry noodles and water and such … just haven’t felt the desire to go that far, as this is pretty easy and yummy.
- I have also made this with 2 lbs of meat, using the same recipe above, not doubling, except for maybe some flavoring upping a bit.
- Also can be fully doubled to serve more, or whatever. I make this in a large skillet, or a short dutch oven, or a huge amount in my pasta pot (very, very tall, holds a ton.)
Any questions, just ask in comments below!
Skillet Beef ‘N’ Noodles
2 packages (3 ounces each) Campbell’s or Ramen Pride Beef Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 can (11 1/8 ounces) Campbell’s condensed Italian Tomato Soup
1/2 soup can water
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Generous dash of pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Add seasoning packets; drain off most of liquid. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender, stirring to separate meat. Spoon off fat.
- Stir in tomato soup, water, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Add reserved noodles. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Tip: Before serving, stir in 1/2 cup sour crean. Sprinkle with snipped fresh parsley.
Makes about 5 1/2 cups or 4 servings.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes